A quick update: the third installer called me earlier in the week to see if we wanted to go ahead. I reminded them that in addition to some more detail on their quote we still had not received any ECO-funding offer.
They - surprisingly - told me that I should get this through the provider, not them. I told them that this is not what other installers have done; nor what I understand needs to be done, and that I was asked for the EPC.Xml file for them to work it out.
They called me again today saying that the EPC.xml file - which I sent more than 2 weeks ago - does not seem to work with their IT system and would I mind that they would come and do another Green Deal assessment, free of charge?
I told them they were welcome to do so, but that it likely would be a waste of their time: we received a good quote from installer 1; who can also do the roof for us and we are looking to work with them. I also told them the quote is only valid till the end of the month, and I was not confident they could give us a quote in time. They decided to not proceed with another assessment. I politely gave them some more constructive feedback about their process, but I am not sure how much this was appreciated!
This is Sofie's blog; or rather a collection of musings & articles sometimes also published elsewhere. More about Sofie here.